For a weekend with out any real plans we sure made the most of it.
First off Abbie and I started out the weekend with going to see Sex and the City 2 , I am not a die hard SATC fan, but I have seen most of the series and I am a good friend! It was a good girls night out!
Saturday we had a birthday party for the Manrubia twins to go to. Lots of fun there, and lots of food!
So in real Memorial Day Weekend fashion we had to have a BBQ. My friend Kim said we should go to her place so off we went. This is where it gets fun....
The bbq she had borrowed from her dad was missing a part, so we made our own BBQ in the oven, it rocked. Probably helped that we used Tribal Moose BBQ sauce!
After dinner, we heard the kids yelling in the yard, upon taking a closer look we found out that the Pit Bull "Cam" had gotten out of his kennel. He had been watching the goats frolic in the yard and wanted in on the fun. Well him chasing the goats around the yard and into their pen put the kids in quite a frenzy. Karsen, Kim's daughter, had Cam in a head lock. (I was proud as she wrestled on our team for the last 2 years.) Once we got all the kids in the house with the door locked, we proceeded to get the dog off the goats and back in his kennel. What fun that was!
Long story short, the dog learned how to climb out and we had fix the problem. 2 hours, $50, one dead car battery, 100 zip ties, laughed so hard we almost peed our pants, we had the dog kennel fixed!
After all that hard work it was time for a bon fire and smores!
Caymus partied so hard he passed out by the fire.Now that was a BBQ to talk about!
Sunday morning I decided we could either sit around the house and be lazy or we could drive to the beach! We had a great time playing and running in the water. The Oregon coast is such an amazing place and has such a calming affect! I love it and so do the kids!







As if that wasn't enough fun for the weekend I then decided we need to to head up to Silver Falls for some hiking in the rain! We made Abbie come along with us this time too! I packed up some lunch and off we went.
It was a little muddy, but a true Oregonian doesn't complain!






And last but not least we had a long, long discussion at dinner about the soldiers fighting for us right now. The sacrifice that they make for our freedom and how thankful we are to be AMERICANS.
3 comments:
Great pictures! Sounds like you all had an amazing weekend living in the moment. Best way to be. :)
I love the self pic at the beach. looks like fun!
:-) Great weekend!!!!!
Post a Comment