Today was Caymus' class field trip to plant flowers at the local park. 40+ preschoolers loose with shovels and dirt!!! What a mess! It was fun and very productive. It did not rain - first field trip yet with no precipitation! The kids were all well behaved and we planted a ton of flowers! They worked so hard and fast that they ended up with about 30 min to play in the park.
After we got back to the school, I went next door to pick up Lucy from school. She was so excited to get called from the office to leave early. We then went back get Caymus and were off to the Academy for "bring your kids to work day". The kids have been looking forward to this for a few weeks now. We had lunch with Marshall and his team. Then I headed home to get to work myself.
The kids got to watch a baton training class, very exciting and intense. Then they got to use the batons on one of the instructors. They also got to do some DT drills with the class. Both had a blast and were amazingly well behaved.
Marshall was a very proud papi today!
---
Lucy has had a loose tooth for days. On Friday it was ready to go, but she desperately wanted to loose it at school - I guess they get a cool tooth necklace to bring the tooth home in and they get to go to the office. So she did not touch it all weekend. Monday morning I checked it and told her that if she did not loose it at school I was pulling it that afternoon. So she was ready and determined to have it out before 2pm when I pick her up.
A few bites into her breakfast and it fell out. At first she was excited and shocked but then the reality hit that she missed her goal by 20 min. The tears were rolling and there was no comforting her. Poor kid tried so hard! She only has 20+ more chances to loose one at school. Maybe next time.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is horrible! And completely unfair! UNFAIR! Poor baby!
ooooooh I know the drama of losing teeth at school . . . i just had a little girl say that very same thing to me today! it didn't come out though, hoping she's not in tears tonight if it comes out at home! i always mean to comment on here and then get sidetracked . . . you leave the best comments! :)
Post a Comment