How did a whole week go by with out a single post from me? I am not really sure, I meant to post early in the week about our super busy weekend, but that never happened. So now it is Friday and I am finally downloading pictures and putting my thoughts together for one BIG post!
Last week end we had amazing weather! In the high 70s! It was great. So we took advantage of the weather and got some much needed yard work done.
First thing on Saturday we fertilized our Christmas trees, all 2000 of them. We did this by wearing these front pack-buckets. They hold a hole 50lb bag of fertilizer! Yeah that's heavy!!! We then walk down the aisles of trees dumping a handful on each tree.
Us with our buckets! Don't we look like farmers? 
Once the trees were done I hit it with the Round-up. 8 gal of it! I am hoping that I got control of our weeds and it will be smooth sailing from here on out! That's my hope anyway.


While I spayed, Marshall and the kids cleaned our the "kid" part of the garage. They made a give away pile and a keep pile and then organized it all.
As if that was not enough fun for one day, we packed up and headed to our friends house for dinner. Lucy got to help feed the horses - always a hit. Caymus got to play wii with Justin. We got to have dinner with great friends. And did not get home till 11pm!
Sunday we headed to church, then some errands. Once we got home we built nesting boxes in the chicken coop. We will see....they should be laying by now......
I planted some plants and did a little more yard work. Once all that was done we went back up to Justin and Cathy's so the kids could ride horses for a bit. Both kids did great and were very brave.
Then it was off for our weekly grocery shopping.......
Are you exhausted yet? I am.
The rest of the week was mild in comparison.
Wednesday some other moms and I made a potluck lunch for the teachers at Caymus' school. That was fun cause it was a total surprise. Caymus went with me and help pass out Leis to the teachers.
After that excitement we went on a field trip to the local pond with Lucy's class. I am always up for a field trip in the rain!!!
The trail of kindergartners!
I was trying to embarrass Lucy by posting this picture of her. She wont smile nice for me, ever! But she just thought this was funny!That about sums up the week. Now its time to prep for Easter on Sunday. I think we will lay low this weekend. The weather is not supposed to be good, even though I see sun out side my office window right now. Who knows. As they say April showers bring May flowers!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment