This Sunday was the 1st Annual Team Cascade 60/60 Rally. What is this you might ask? Well, its 60 min of movement to 60s music, raising money for people in our community in need. This year the money is all going to one family that we all know. The father was diagnosed with brain cancer (after finding a softball sized tumor in his brain last year) and is undergoing treatment. The Mom works at our elementary school and the one daughter attends the school.
So we all gathered at the high school track for some good community bonding time. I was VERY pleased to see so many people come out for this event. Not to mention so many people I knew!
Caymus went off and played soccer for the entire hour and then some. Lucy tied a jump rope around her waist and tethered herself to me....I was going to walk, but after my first lap around the track was board and decided to run...once I started running I then decided to see if I could run the entire time. I did, and it felt great!!!
After the 60 min, they served up hot dogs and ice cream. All in all a great day, lots of fun for a great cause!
 |
| Me~Shawn~Stephanie after the 60! |
 |
| Tulah rode her bike, Lucy with her tether, and Zoey jogging along. |
 |
| Not even sure I should claim her... |
 |
| One of my kids very best friends, Tulah! |
 |
| My moose....even with dirt on his face he is cute as can be! |
 |
| The Crew! I love these crazy kids! |
1 comment:
That is really neat Marlea, what a great idea. And running for 60 minutes... you are amazing!
Post a Comment