Monday, August 16, 2010

Rogue River Camping Trip

The first weekend of August we went camping down south along the Rogue River, right outside of Gold Beach Oregon. We went with our good friends Kim, Karsen, Paulette, Bob, Trevan, Jaci and Braedyn Angle and Shayla. Nana and Pops (Paulette and Bob) have a huge moter home that we all road down in. Then I set up my jumbo tent and we had camp. My kids cant remember sleeping in a tent....probably because the last time they did sleep in one they were both very little and it rained so hard that our air mattress was floating....bought a trailer the next weekend. Ok back to this trip....The Angle crew had never slept in a tent before and were more than excited to camp in there with me and the kids. So it was settled, me + 5 kids in the tent for 3 nights! Awesome!

We took a 104 mile jet boat ride (7+ hours) up the river. So much fun and I would recommend that trip to anyone!
Here is the Tribe waiting to be picked up by the boat. Trevan, Caymus, Karsen, Jaci, Lucy and Braedyn


My Moose!

Me and the kiddos!


On the Jet Boat! This was taken before we got soaked!


After getting doused with water!


After lunch it was nice and hot. We ended up seeing 8 bears, a bald eagle, osprey, otters, and a deer!

Saturday we spent the entire day playing in the river and relaxing.
Watch for Children! Youngest to oldest: Jaci, Braedyn (I actually dont know which of the 2 are older, as they are twins), Caymus, Trevan, Karsen and Lucy.


The river was nice and refreshing, and not to cold!


I couldn't get my little mermaid out of the water!


Lucy got creative with the self timer. I absolutely love this picture of her and Jaci.


These kids LOVED corn on the cob!!!

Another self timer picture! So funny!

And my little man!

We had a lot of fun and cant wait to go back next year!

1 comment:

Riahli said...

Fun!! Seven hour boat ride...did I read that right!?! Wowsers.