Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Green Thumb!

My GIANT Tomato!!!!

Apparently I have a GREEN Thumb!!! This is the first year I have successfully grown and produced tomatos. I have attempted many, many times and have never gotten them past the green stage. Well not this year!!!!

 My front yard is in full bloom and looking great. The seeds took some time to get going, and not all took, but the ones that did look great! The Marigolds in the front are so pretty, I have been collecting seeds from them to replant next year. And the Cosmos are taller than Lucy and just keep on blooming!


 My mom got me this cute maple when she came down last month. Its just what we were needing to balance out the yard. I Love it!

 And the gourds have taken over! Its so fun to look around at the different ones coming up! We are going to have a very nice display for the Fall/Harvest season.

And now for the tomato's!!!!



This has been a very fun year of gardening. I am very happy with what I was able to grow. I have to date canned 18 pints of zucchini (I am also shredding and freezing it), and 20 pints of tomatos. And many more to go! We have also been making salsa out of the sungold tomatos that Bob and I both have. So So Good!!!


1 comment:

Riahli said...

Ummmmmm... Awesomeness!!! Your yard looks beautiful, and those tomatoes, how cool is that!?! Wish I could say the same for my garden, some things harvested well, others hardly grew at all!
:( Oh well, it would have just meant more work right... ;)