I guess my dreams are coming true....as annoyed as I might be getting with this weather, (its been 10ish days and I have only left the house 2 times and both were just to get groceries with the entire family) I do have to remind my self of all those years when we wished and dreamed that we could get snow for Christmas and never do. I am thankful that we are here together, we have power, water and satellite! So now we really can enjoy the white Christmas!
Today the kids and I did enjoy it. We got totally bundled up in all our snow gear and headed out. The kids have so much energy, being cooped up in the house is taking its tole on all of us. The sun was even trying to come out for a bit today. Not any where near enough to melt anything, but it was still very pretty. I shoveled the driveway and a few paths to the sheds, took care of the chickens, put out wild bird seed, got the mail and surveyed the damage around the property. Still very minimal amounts, but more of our trees are breaking, they are so heavy with all the ice and snow. The ones that have not broken off yet are completely bent over and the tops are now on the ground. It looks cool, but I am wondering what they will look like when this all melts away.
Moose with his ice-pop

Even Moka is having fun in the snow! 
They were climbing up the "Frosty" mountain!
This evening Lucy and I made our gingerbread cookies. Her and I have been doing this for about 5 years now. She loves it and is really doing a good job of following directions. We made the pieces to make a gingerbread house tomorrow. The kids had so much fun making them at school last week I thought it would be fun to make one as a family and then we can eat it all up!
Here I am reading peoples blogs about all the get togethers they are going to and how crazy things can be this time of year....I have to say this is the first year in my entire life we are not going any where! Both of our families live in other states and I have a no travel policy for the major holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas), so we do usually spend Christmas home with just our family, but my parents come done the week before for a combo of Reid's birthday and Christmas and then we go to our dear friends house on Christmas day for dinner and drinks. But this year, because Reid no longer lives by us and he is stuck on the mountain, my parents did not come down....we are hoping to make it up there for New Years....as long as the roads clear up we will be there. And our friends house is no longer across the street because we moved and the roads are so nasty we are having to postpone our dinner with them.....so its just us! It is nice to not have to rush hear and rush there, I can remember as a kid we were always going to a party of some sort and us kids would always be sick for Christmas! So this year is the year for being minimal, minimal gifts, minimal sugary treats, minimal parties, minimal food (no, that's not true, we have lots of food!) and lots of great togetherness as a family!Poor Caymus was so sleepy, he crashed at 5:30 and slept till about 7.....I guess we were being to loud or something because half way through his nap he covered his ear! Moka always keeps him company when he sleeps.
2 comments:
Oh that last picture is so cute!
I have been frustrated by all the snow, just because it gets old after awhile, but I have also wanted a white Christmas for a long time, so I shouldn't complain!
Sounds like you guys are going to have a wonderful Christmas, cozy and sweet.
caymus and moka...how precious! We have lots of holiday gatherings but spread it out over a few weeks which makes it bearable. I would LOVE to just stay home on xmas but the in-laws refuse to come over here for some reason :(
Post a Comment