*School Canceled*
We woke up this morning at 5am to the sound of our heat pump....not the usual sound of it warming our house so early in the morning, but a very loud, painful sound of a frozen heat pump. Sure enough, the house was 63 degrees....So we bundled up and went out to take a look, yep, ice. So I took my trusty blow dryer out and melted it while I drank my first cup of coffee. That did the trick! Oh thank goodness! I don't think we could have handled it if it was broken....
That was the most eventful thing to happen today thankfully. The kids woke up and moved to the couch with all their blankets and pillows....their FIRST snow day!!! They really can not appreciate it like they should or will when they are older. But they know that it is supposed to be cool and they did what they thought they should do...snuggle up and watch movies! They got that one right.

We did make it out side for a little bit today. It was sooooo painfully cold out today. Not really even fun to go out and play in this cold of weather. It was in the 20s all day. It hurt to be out. Well for me any way. I lasted long enough to check on the chickens (all are doing just fine by the way), load the wheel barrel with wood, and go get the mail. By that point my finger tips were totally numb and I was in pain....The kids stayed out for a little bit longer, they had more energy to burn I guess, and fatter fingers!
Then it was back inside for the usual post snow play, HOT COCOA and MARSHMALLOWS!!!
We had a very nice and peaceful day and it looks like we will be doing the same again tomorrow as the schools have already announced that there will be no school again.
BTW...Marshall made it to and from work safely. Fortunately we have 4 wheel drive and not far to go.
One of my favorite views of the house. This is in the middle of the field looking East at our house.
A Flocked Christmas Tree!
A Flocked Christmas Tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment