Monday, January 26, 2015

Where did you go?

Here I am!!! Ha I bet you thought that since my race is over I was going to fall of the face of the earth never to be seen again....You are not so lucky!

It has pretty much been business as usual around here this last week. Work, School, family time....
Bob and I had a pretty low key weekend, much needed after the crazy epic-ness of last weekend!
We had a dinner date with some friends at a favorite local brewhouse. Delicious and good company! Go Gilgamesh for being awesome!
Saturday we went to see American Sniper. If you haven't seen it, go. Very good movie and story. Heartbreaking. What I appreciated most about this film was that it shed some light on what military families go through. War wounds are often not visible. Breaks my heart for them. I kept thinking of my brother while watching it. Of his family and what being deployed was like for them. And what he is now having to deal with.
I spent pretty much the entire day on Sunday with my nose in a book....I started on the second book of the Outlander series....Dragonfly in Amber. LOVE! And I also have mastered the art of knitting while reading so I don't feel totally useless!

Its back to reality today. Dang that went so fast. Settling back into a workout routine too. I have not fully decided on my next goal, but I have some things brewing....
As for now, I am trying to stick to the same schedule as much as possible. I did take it pretty easy last week, light runs and yoga mostly.

Workouts for the week:
Wednesday:
Run, 3.68 miles, 33.:04 time, 8.59 avg mile
Not bad, feeling good.


Thursday:
Yoga, 35 mins. Felt good to stretch. Still not sold on it....way to slow for me!

Friday:
Run, 3.01 miles, 26:36 time, 8:50 avg mile
Cold, wet. Sore run. My bones are tired!


Sunday:
Run, 3.51 miles, 30:21 time, 8:39 avg mile
Foggy, good run. Bobs first run in a few months. Happy to have him join me!


Monday:
Bike
I have a bike trainer for my mountain bike, really cool set up and so much cheaper than a stationary bike!
Road for 30 min at a pretty fast pace. Felt good to mix it up and easy on the bones!

And incase you were wondering.....there is nothing like a pair of bike shorts to make you feel extra sexy. Oh wait, put on a pair of leggings over the bike shorts, yes that does the trick! Bringing sexy back......
Is that lady wearing a diaper? With rubber bands around her thighs?

No comments: